ELIGIBILITY FOR SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUIT (SSR)
Eligibility criteria for Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) is given below :-
1. AGE :- 17 - 21 i.e candidate should not be less than 17 years or more than 21 years on the date of enrolment.
NOTE : Against sports quota entry, the upper age relaxation for outstanding sportsmen, who have played at International / National / State level may be considered up to a period of 12 months.
2. NATIONALITY :- Candidate must be a resident of India. The Gorkhas, subject of Nepal are also eligible for apply for SSR recruitment.
3. MARITAL STATUS :- Candidate must be citizen of India.
4. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :- (a) 1st condition: Applicant should have passed class 12th with science stream with compulsory subjects of Physics and Maths and optional subject of Chemistry / Biology / computer Science.
5. MEDICAL STANDARD :- The candidate should be physically fit for enrolement into Indian Navy. This capability is tested at the examination venue on qualifying in written examination and is termed as Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory. PFT will consist of 1.6 km run which is to be completed in 07 minutes, 20 Squats (Utthak Baithak) and 10 Push ups.