ARMY MEDICAL CORP
TYPE OF COMMISSION - Short Service Commission
VACANCIES - 300 (50 for Women )
BENEFITS OF BEING AN SSC OFFICER IN ARMY MEDICAL CORP
1. EMPLOYABILITY: Being a Medical officer of Armed Forces Medical Services, the candidate on grant of commission is liable to be employed as per service requirement in any part of the country or abroad, in Army, Navy or Air Force. They may have to work independently in the units allotted to them.
2. EMOLUMENTS: Doctors on commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services will be granted the rank of Captain (or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force) in the scale of R 17160-39100 plus Grade pay R 6100/- plus Military Service Pay (MSP) R 6000/-, Non-practicing allowance at the rate of 25% of the Basic Pay (Pay + Grade Pay + MSP) and Dearness Allowance (total emolument at minimum of Pay Scale at the time of joining will be approximately R 75000/- pm). In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided. PG degree holder will be eligible for PG allowance of R 1000/- p.m. or specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days Annual Leave & 20 days Casual Leave in a year, Leave Travel Concession (LTC), free Medical Services for self & family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of R 40 lakhs & Canteen Stores Depot (CSD) facility etc.
3. PROMOTION FOR SSC OFFICER: SSC officers are commissioned as Capt on entry and are eligible for promotion upto the rank of Major (or equivalent rank in Navy/ Air Force) after four years of service and Lt Col (or equivalent rank in Navy, Air Force) after a total service of 11 years. A candidate who holds additional medical qualification of Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma (MCI recognized) prior to joining service will be given antedate of seniority as per rules.
4. TENURE OF ENGAGEMENT:
Note: Candidates already released from AMC service on resignation/ premature retirement will not be considered for commission in AMC.
5. DEPARTMENTAL PERMANENT COMMISSION:
Major - 4 years of reckonable commissioned service,
Lt Col - 11 years of reckonable commissioned service,
Col - By Selection (Approx. 20 to 22 years of service)
Brig - By Selection
Maj Gen - By Selection
Lt Gen - By Selection
6. PROVISION FOR PG COURSE: In- service Professional career enhancement through PG course (DNB Only), on selection between 4-7 years of service & between 7-10 years for PG Course (MD/MS) at AFMS institutions other than AFMC as per extant TGC Rules for which service liability to serve upto 14 years exists. In addition SSC Officers after proceeding on release are eligible for PG seats (MD/MS/DNB) in Service institutions as per extant TGC Rules with no service liability attached/attracted on conclusion of the said PG Course.