SELECTION PROCEDURE OF AIRMAN 'Y' GROUP
Indian Air Force recruit eligible candidates as Airman in the non technical branch of Indian Air Force. Below the detailed selection procedure of Airman 'Y' group is given below :-
1. WRITTEN TEST : Written test will be objective type and question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English Paper. Duration of the written test will be 45 minutes and will be conducted in English as per CBSE syllabus of AISSCE and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA). CANDIDATES ARE
TO QUALIFY EACH PAPER SEPERATELY. Results of the written test will be declared on the same day.
2. PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT) : All candidates who pass the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) on the same or the next day. PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale. Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts.
3. INTERVIEW : Candidates who have passed the written test and PFT will be interviewed. Interview is normally conducted in English. Working Knowledge of English is thus essential.
4. MEDICAL EXAMINATION : Medical examination will be conducted as per IAF medical standards for recruitment as airmen by medical officers of the Armed Forces. Candidates declared Medically Unfit can avail the option for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) against their Unfitness by depositing Rs. 40/- in a Government Treasury/ RBI/SBI through Military Receivable Order (MRO).
NOTE : Candidates are also advised to get tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for the written test. Ears should be free of wax. Candidates should be prepared to stay for the test for four to five days under their own arrangements. No TA/DA will be admissible.
5. PUBLISHING OF ALL INDIA SELECT LIST (AISL) : The All India Select List (AISL) will be displayed. It will also be available at Indian Air Force website www.indianairforce.nic.in. The inclusion of names of the candidates in the AISL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the Rally. Inclusion of name in the All India Select List (AISL) does not guarantee automatic enrolment. Enrolment is strictly in order of merit from the AISL subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years on date of enrolment and meeting laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrolment